:: Nutritional Sciences
An Integrative Approach to Childhood Obesity
Dr. David Ludwig, Associate Director
of the General Clinical Research Center and Director of the Obesity Program
at Children’s Hospital Boston and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at
Harvard Medical School, presents An Integrative Approach to Childhood Obesity.
During this 55-minute audio-visual cyber-presentation, Dr. Ludwig discusses
serious health consequences associated with the childhood obesity epidemic,
demonstrates that conventional treatments show poor results, and presents an
integrative approach to childhood obesity that involves diet, physical activity
- Members who view the cyber-presentation and then
complete the Self-Assessment
may choose to receive a certificate of completion for 1 continuing professional
education unit (CPEU). A $15.00 fee applies, easily payable online.
- Members have easy access to practical resources
for You) and references (More
Info) related to this topic.
- Members who use the Discussion
Forum have the ability to network with other professionals
interested in this topic.
the presentation, you should have:
- Greater understanding about the serious health consequences associated with
the childhood obesity epidemic.
- Greater awareness about the poor results achieved by conventional treatments
- Greater understanding about an integrative approach to childhood obesity
that includes diet low in glycemic index/load, active lifestyle, and appropriate
Date Created: 5/5/08
Last Updated: 6/15/15
Keywords: childhood obesity, overweight